Quite some time ago DICE announced that specializations would be coming to Battlefield 1. Formerly known as ‘Perks’ in Battlefield 4, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. These specialisations are to ‘add’ some customisation to the game.
Specializations won’t be released until the “In the Name of the Tsar” DLC but the first build of this system is set to be released today. Specialisations will work just like the “Offensive kit” upgrade from BF4 or the ‘Ammo Perk’ from BF3. However, the is a small yet significant difference between the new and old system.
All classes will have access to 7 ‘General Specializations’ and every class will have 2 of its own ‘Kit Specific specializations’. Here’s a first list, note that this list can and probably will change over time. As DICE developer ‘Indigowd’ states in the post. “Keep in mind this is just the first selection of Specializations – we are planning on releasing more in future updates.” And to add more ‘TheLankySoldier’ a Reddit mod for Battlefield commented the following: “If you have any ideas for new Specializations, you are more than welcome to suggest new ones. This is just the first iteration of the system and it’s still early days.”
- Flak: Incoming damage from explosions reduced by 15%
- Cover: Incoming suppression is reduced by 25%
- Quick Regen: Decrease time before Out of Combat Heal by 20%
- Quick Unspot: Decrease length of time you are Spotted by 2 seconds
- Bayonet Training: Bayonet charge lasts 1 second longer and recovers 1 second quicker
- Hasty Retreat: Increase your maximum sprint speed by 10% whilst you are Suppressed
- Camouflage: When moving slowly or stationary you are invisible to Spot Flares.
- Juggernaut: Your Gas Mask also reduces explosive damage by 15% (does stack)
- Controlled Demolition: TNT is now detonated sequentially
- Stimulant Syringe: Reviving an ally give you both a 20% sprint speed bonus for 8 seconds (does not stack)
- Concealed rescue: Downed Squad mates within 20m drop smoke to cover their revival (40s cooldown)
- Unbreakable: Incoming suppression is reduced by 75% when your bipod is deployed
- Pin Down: The duration an enemy remains spotted is extended via Suppression
- Scapegoat: A decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 35 health by a distant enemy (30s cooldown)
- Perimeter Alarm: When your Trip Mine is triggered enemies within 15m are marked on the mini-map.